CASD School Health Council
CASD School Health Council (SHC)?
What is a SHC?
- A building/district level group of school and possibly community individuals charged with the mission of creating a healthy school community
What is the role of the SHC?
- Create healthy school communities K-12
- Plan, implement, and evaluate policies and practices and curriculum to address student health and academic success
- Align with the school/district strategic plan and/or school/district improvement plan
- Review policies (Wellness Policy) and curriculum related to student health
- Review school district data (School Health Inventory) related to student health to identify areas of concern
- Develop an action plan with goals, objectives, strategies, evaluation and resources
- Communicate policies (Wellness Policy)
- Communicate action plan goals and outcomes with school community