Please contact Christina Lutz-Doemilng with any questions related to the summer PD options listed below:
*Prior to participating in one of the options below, please complete the brief Summer Trade Day Approval Form to notify Christina Lutz-Doemling of your planned summer PD option.
**TO RECEIVE TRADE DAY CREDIT/ACT 48 CREDIT, ALL SUMMER trade day WORK/EVIDENCE/DOCUMENTATION MUST BE SUBMITTED BY FRIDAY, AUGUST 9TH.
***Reminder: THE ONLINE CASD FLEX DAY FORM MUST BE COMPLETED TO RECEIVE FLEX DAY CREDIT
Option #1 Become a GOOGLE CERTIFIED EDUCATOR (12 hours - 9 hours of prep and 3 hours for the online exam)
- View the online Google Certified Educator Trainings (1 - 11).
- Prior to the exam review the Google Educator Level 1 Skill Checklist.
- Register and take the Google Exam
- Please note - there is a $10 cost for the educator to take the exam. This cost is NOT covered by the district.
- Show proof of exam results to Christina Lutz-Doemling/building principal to receive Trade Day Credit and Act 48 credit.
OPTION #2 Become an APPLE TEACHER (12 hours - only available to teachers who have not previously received the Apple Teacher iPad badges)
Apple Teacher is a free professional learning program designed to support and celebrate educators using Apple products for teaching and learning. As an Educator you can build skills on iPad and Mac that directly apply to activities with your students, earn recognition for the new things you learn, and be rewarded for the great work you do every day.
Go to: appleteacher.apple.com
Login with your iTunes username and password.
- Choose the iPad path.
- Learn new skills.
Explore resources to learn about apps like Keynote, GarageBand, and iMovie. And discover ways to increase
productivity and creativity using built-in product features.
- Take the quiz and earn your badge.
Take a quiz on each topic and earn a badge for each one you pass. Earn all eight badges for iPad or Mac to
become an Apple Teacher.
- Apple Teacher
Once you’ve collected all the badges for iPad or Mac, you’ll receive an official Apple Teacher logo so you can
share your achievement with the world. You’ll also gain access to more learning resources and badges to
continue your journey as an Apple Teacher.
**There are 8 Apple Teacher iPad badges. To receive trade day credit, you must complete all 8 badges. When you have collected all 8 badges, you have achieved official "Apple Teacher" status for the iPad and can share your AppleTeacher badge on your teacher website. Please send an email to your building principal and copy Christina Lutz-Doemling with evidence to show you have achieved "Apple Teacher" status for the iPad.
OPTION #3 Prepare to Host an HOUR OF CODE Event with your Students - applicable to all teachers in all content areas K-12 (6 hours)
- Hour of Code How-To Document
- Hour of Code Activities (search by content area)
- To receive CASD credit hours: Submit the Option #3 - Hour of Code Planning Worksheet (found in the related files at the bottom of this webpage) via email to your building principal and Dr. Lutz-Doemling
OPTION #4 ACHIEVE THE CORE Webinars - Math and Literacy Focus (6 hours)
- Select 4 Achieve the Core Webinars (approx. 1 hour each)
- Review of accompanying resources and lesson plan integration (2 hours)
- To receive CASD credit hours: After you have viewed all four archived webinars and completed a review of resources and lesson plan integration, submit the Option #4 Achieve the Core Webinar Summary (found in the related files at the bottom of this webpage) via email to your building principal and cc: Dr. Lutz-Doemling
Option #5 Summer 2019 Educator in the Workplace Program (6 hours)
Description: Educators will find and arrange a 2 hour job shadow in a workplace of their choosing. This event begins and ends with a whole-group session at CLIU. A total of 6 ACT 48 hours will be awarded.
Dates & Times:
July 15 - 9:00 AM - 11:00 AM @ CLIU Kick OffJuly 16 - Morning - Independently participate in a 2 hour job shadow
July 16 - 1:00 - 3:00 PM @ CLIU Sharing/Wrap Up
Option #6 Curriculum Review and Development (12 hours (2 trade days) - 18 hours (2 trade days + 1 flex day ) - must be approved by Christina Lutz-Doemling
- K-4 ELA Program Planning & Preparation
- 7th & 8th Grade Foss Science Module Planning/Prep
- CMS STEM
- CMS/CHS Math Discovery Ed Techbook Planning/Prep
- CHS Computer Science
- CHS Research Project Review/Updates
- Other curriculum review and development projects must receive approval from Christina Lutz-Doemling