Catasauqua Area School District Teacher Portfolio
Purposes of the Portfolio:
- To reflect and gather data on the teacher’s portfolio goal (this may or may not be the same as the teacher’s professional goal)
- To assess teaching strengths and areas which need improvement
- To document professional growth
To gather10-20 artifacts that document/support progress toward the teacher’s identified portfolio goal(s), and showcase the reflection process associated with progress toward the identified goal(s).
Important Note: The portfolio is not just a collection of artifacts - it is the reflection process associated with the review of the portfolio artifacts that is critical to enhancing the professional growth of the educator.
- Aligned with portfolio goal
- Required Table of Contents
- Teachers will determine the number of Danielson Framework sections to include in their portfolios. Depending on their portfolio goal, teachers may include 1-4 of the Danielson Framework portfolio sections.
ü Planning & Preparation
§ Lesson Plans
§ Curriculum Development
§ Integrated Units
ü Classroom Environment
§ Classroom Climate
§ Conflict Resolution
§ Methods of Instruction
§ Methods of Assessment
§ Use of Technology
ü Professional Responsibilities
§ Professional Development
§ Public Relations
§ Involvement in School Activities
§ School Leadership
- The tenured teacher portfolio must include 10-20 artifacts, which support the teacher’s progress toward his/her portfolio goal.
- Portfolio Documentation: Portfolio Proposal, Mid-Year Portfolio Progress Report, Year-End Portfolio Process Reflection
- Required Documentation Completion Timeline
Complete Portfolio Proposal & upload to Frontline.
Complete Mid- Year Portfolio Progress Report & upload to Frontline.
Complete Year-End Portfolio Process Reflection and upload to Frontline.