Faculty Study Group
Catasauqua Area School District Faculty Study Group
Purposes of Faculty Study Groups:
- To design curriculum & instruction innovations
- To integrate a school’s practices and programs
- To study the latest research on teaching and learning
- To monitor the impact of new practices on students and staff
- To analyze and target a school wide need
Objective: Teachers utilize shared leadership to build a common understanding of what effective teaching and sufficient learning look like through collaborative commitment to studying and learning about an educational topic for an extended period of time.
Faculty Study Group Guidelines:
- Faculty Study Group Procedure:
o Determine the content and focus of study
o Develop an action plan
o Share progress and challenges as a result of the experience
- Faculty Study Group Documentation:
o Faculty Study Group Proposal (one form per group)
o Mid-Year Faculty Study Group Progress Report (one form per group)
o Year-End Faculty Study Group Reflection (one form per group)
- Required Documentation Completion Timeline:
Faculty Study Group Timeline
Complete the Faculty Study Group Proposal & upload to Frontline.
Ongoing discussion regarding the content and focus of study.
Complete Mid-Year Faculty Study Group Progress Report & upload to Frontline.
Ongoing discussion regarding the content and focus of the study.
Complete Year-End Faculty Study Group Reflection & upload to Frontline.
Voluntary Sharing of Findings/Discussion with faculty.