Chapter 2: Ancient Middle East and Egypt - Travel Brochure
7 Wonders of the Ancient World - Brochure
To create a 3-sided brochure or 1 full page flyer about 3 of the Wonders of the World
1. select any three wonders of the world
2. include 4 summarized facts for each of the three wonders
3. include 1 picture per wonder. (4 facts positioned near picture on brochure/flyer)
4. info presented on the flyer must be summarized in your own words.
5. the flyer must be attractive looking and computer generated
6. points will be deducted for spelling and grammatical errors
7. information should include the reason the structure was built and other historically appropriate content.
8. 2 sources must be listed on the back on the flyer or brochure
9. be prepared to share your completed flyer/brochure
Monday, October 28th
7 Wonders of the Ancient World:
- Hanging Gardens of Babylon - The Great Pyramid of Giza
- The Statue of Zeus at Olympia - The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus
- The Mausoleum at Halicarnassus- The Colossus at Rhodes
- The Lighthouse of Alexandria
Grading: You will be graded on the following criteria:
- All directions have been followed
- Sufficient and interesting historical content with detailed information has been included
- Productive use of class times
- The brochure is neat, complete and appropriate spelling and grammar has been used.