Catasauqua Area School District
These procedures will be followed for the use of loaner iPads.
- Priority for use of loaner iPads will always be students/teachers with machines in repair.
- All loaner iPads will be maintained in the library.
- All loaner iPads will be inventoried in Destiny, the library management system.
- At the discretion of the Principal and/or Assistant Principal, available iPads may be used for Substitutes and Instructional Assistants as needed. iPads must be checked out through Destiny to maintain a record of use. If iPads are available, Substitutes may check one out for the instructional day. Instructional Assistants may check out an iPad for completing necessary tasks (i.e. email) related to job duties, if an iPad is available.
- All iPads must be checked out only by the Librarian or assigned designee.
- Whether a Student, Teacher, Substitute or Instructional Assistant, the user must sign or initial receipt and return of the iPad.
- Upon check-in, the Librarian should notify the District Computer Technician of any issues with the iPad.
- iPads will be pulled by the District Computer Technician from the loaner inventory for new enrollments and students/teachers with machines in repair. iPads will be added to the loaner inventory by the District Computer Technician when students withdraw from school.