Catasauqua Area School District
The following procedures will be used for New Students:
- Upon registration, the same documents provided to all students at the start of the school year will be provided to the new student and family. These documents include: Principal Letter, School Board Policies 223 and 224, and Agreement for iPad Use. The CHS Librarian will review the information with the student and family and answer any questions.
- Upon receipt of the Insurance Fee and all signed documents (by the designated person in each building), the District Computer Technician will be notified. The District Computer Technician will remove an iPad from the loaner pool and prepare the iPad, case and charger for student use (including adding to student inventory records).
- When the iPad has been properly configured, the CHS Librarian will meet with the student for a brief overview of use and care of the iPad.
- Signed documents will be maintained in the school building. Checks for insurance fees will be sent to the District Office. District Office personnel will record the receipt of the check and deposit it into the appropriate account.
The following procedures will be used for Withdrawn Students:
- Upon withdrawal from school, the student will return the iPad, case and charger in the same condition as received, except normal wear and tear.
- The District Computer Technician will examine the iPad. If the iPad is in need of maintenance or repair beyond normal wear and tear, as determined by the District, the District Computer Technician will follow the procedures outlined on the Warranty/Insurance Claims page.
- Once any maintenance/repair work has been completed, inventories will be updated and the iPad will be placed back in the loaner pool.