The district will provide each student a district-owned iPad that can access online curriculum.
The iPads are for student use only to complete educational activities. The iPads have been configured for school use only and have internet filtering capabilities. Please be aware of this and continue to monitor your child's use of the iPad. There is no access to the App Store or Apple ID. All apps are pushed out through the district management system. Apps can be found in the Self Service app
iPads are filtered when at home. Federal law requires having filtering enabled for all student devices. Please monitor student usage at home and report any issues using the IT Help form.
- Be sure to adhere to the CASD agreement that you signed when you picked up your iPad
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Wi-Fi.
- Confirm that Wi-Fi is set to On.
- Choose your network from the list provided.
- Enter your network's encryption key if you're prompted and tap Join.
- Tap On to automatically join networks your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch has joined previously. If it detects a network it doesn't recognize, it will ask you before it automatically joins the network.
- Tap the Home button to return to your iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch home page.
Common iPad Troubleshooting tips:
- If iPad is not working properly, please shut the iPad off by holding the on/off/sleep button at the top right corner of the iPad, keep holding the button until a slider appears on the screen, move the Slide to power off slider all the way to the right. Restarting the iPad resolves many issues.iPads should not be plugged in at all times
- iPad not charging- check the connection to iPad and outlet. If possible, use another Apple authorized charger
- iPad running slow- Double tap the Home button and swipe up on each open app to close it.
- If sharing an iPad and iPad is logged into another Google account- Go to Google Classroom or Google Drive and find the student icon in the corner. Tap on the icon, and then tap on “Manage accounts on this device”. Next, Remove the other account from the device and enter your own credentials
- Cannot find an app needed for student learning- click on the Self Service app and locate the appropriate app.
- Apps update automatically but it's important to keep current with iOS updates. Current iOS 13.4 (Settings- General- Software Update)
Reminders for iPad usage at home:
Tech Help Desk- after reviewing and completing the appropriate iPad Trouble Shooting tips and still having issues, please complete this IT Help form for any questions, issues, and repairs. This form will be monitored from 8-4:00 PM Monday through Friday. You will receive a response as soon as possible.
- Do complete iOS updates as needed, (Settings- General- Software Update)
- Do not change iPad passcode. Each iPad has a passcode specific for the student to promote secured access.
- Do not complete a factory reset iPad. If needed, please complete the IT Help form and a member from the technology department will be in contact with you.
- Do not eat or drink while using the iPad. CASD warranty with AppleCare will be voided if the iPad comes in contact with liquid which may result in a replacement fee for the parent/guardian.
- Apple reccommended cleaning instructions
- Use a soft, slightly damp, lint-free cloth. Avoid getting moisture in openings. Don't use window cleaners, household cleaners, compressed air, aerosol sprays, solvents, ammonia, abrasives, or cleaners containing hydrogen peroxide to clean iPad. iPad has an oleophobic coating on the screen; simply wipe iPad's screen with a soft, lint-free cloth to remove oil left by your hands.