The Catasauqua Area School District subscribes to numerous on-line and print resources that are available for all students in order to maintain learning and provide some level of continuity. While this will not replace school days, it can serve as extended learning opportunities for your child with review and reinforcement. The following resources are available to access during the school closure.
Links for Parents from CASD
- COVID-19 Information (LINK)
- Link to the District Continuity of Education Plan
- Link to the online learning platform is in Google Classroom. The codes listed below will allow your child to access my assignments. Please know--THIS IS NOT A NEW CODE (students recieved this code from me in September).
- Link to the CASD Tech Support Page
- Link to the 2020 Parents' Guide to Google Classroom - PowerPoint
- Mr. Snyder may be contacted at email@example.com.
- Links to other resources (Disc.Ed, Khan Academy, Nearpod, etc.) is found under "My Links" tab on my teacher webpage.
Parents-I will be sending you a weekly Google Document via email, and your children the same document on Google Classroom. The list shown below should help you and your child through this process. THE LINKS TO THE WEEKLY AGENDA DOCUMENT IS RIGHT HERE:
- Your child will be able to open my lesson in the Google Classroom format they are already familiar with and you will be able to open it in your email. This online document will provide a daily lesson and daily requirements for your child. I will provide online "office hours" viaZoom( how to is found https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7xXZxRDFUU) from 9 am until 10 am every Tuesday and 4pm until 5 pm every Thurday. Students may log in on a Friday during those hours. A link will be posted on my weekly Google docs. The Friday Google doc slide will include a log in code.
- Assignmentsfor the week will be posted by 9:00 am on Monday of each week. I will post a week's worth of work. Students should have a half and hour a day for both ELA and Math.
- Attendance Policy:
- Assignments for the week will be posted by 9:00 AM Monday of each week.
- In order to maintain flexibility, attendance will be taken based on weekly completion of assignments. If the due date is Friday and students complete all work by the following Monday, they will be marked present for the week.
- Grading will be done in a way that will allow you and your child to maintain flexibility. Attendance will be taken base on weekly completion of assignments. If the due date is Friday and students complete all work by the following Monday, they will be marked present for the week.
- Grading Policy:
- In order to receive grades and credit, students must engage regularly and complete course requirements.
- 4th Quarter academic performance will be reported pass/fail.
Students--If you need to, please send an email to me if you have forgotten your logins and passwords. You may also email me with any questions you may have. I am happy to provide you with resources you may use to enhance your current knowledge and to offer some resources for you until I see you again.
Students--If you have issues logging in to Exact Path, Discovery Education or Google Classroom please try using a different browser. I think Chrome works the best.
For both ELA and Math students-please keep up to date by doing Exact Path. Exact Path will help keep your reading skills sharp. Please let me know if you need your password and/or login.