The Pennsylvania Department of Labor & Industry has waived the in-person requirements of the work permit process for the remainder of the 2019-20 academic year and while the Governor’s stay at home order is in effect.
The steps below describe the temporarily modified procedures.
- The student will download and complete the electronic Work Permit application from the PDE website. Students unable to access the electronic application should call (610) 697 – 0111 or email email@example.com to request that a paper application be mailed to them.
- The student’s parent or legal guardian electronically signs the PDF or signs the paper application.
- The student attaches proof of age document (Birth Certificate, Passport, Driver’s License or Permit) to the completed application.
- If applying electronically, the student may attach digital copies, such as a scan or digital photograph.
- If applying by mail with a paper application, the student should include photocopies of the required documents
- Upon receipt of the application and documentation, the issuing secretary at CHS will schedule a Google Meet appointment, through the student’s CASD email, with the student.
- The school district issuing officer ensures that all the documents required by law have been examined, approved, and filed, and all conditions and requirements for issuing a permit have been fulfilled.
- The issuing officer will mail to the minor a paperwork permit bearing a number, the date of issuance, and the signature of the issuing officer.
- The student signs the work permit when received and shows it to the employer, who makes a copy for their records. The student retains the original work permit.