David Cressman- Transportation Supervisor
610-264-3192; extension 2
850 Pine Street- located at Catasauqua Middle School complex
Catasauqua, PA 18032
CALL 610-264-3192; ext. 2 if your child does NOT need transportation that day or email firstname.lastname@example.org
How to get your child's bus info:
You may view your student's bus information by logging into PowerSchool and look for "Bus Information"
CATASAUQUA AREA SCHOOL DISTRICT
TELE: (610) 264-3192
FAX: (610) 403-1061
During the COVID time, the following rules may be enforced:
-ALL students will wear a mask while on the vehicle
-ALL students will have assigned seats
-ALL students shall not have any food or drink on the vehicle
-There may be 2-3 students per seat on a bus
-ALL students will have 1 pickup and drop off point daily- there will be no Monday at day care, Tuesday at bus stop, etc.
-Depending on how many students are on the vehicle, double runs may be needed which would stagger drop off and pick up times at schools. If a student misses the first run bus, they may not catch the 2nd run bus.
-All buses and vans will be disinfected after each run.
-If a child does not feel well or has a fever, please keep the child home. They will not be allowed on vehicle if they tell the driver they do not feel well or has a fever.
-ALL students may also have a bus pass. If no bus pass, please inform the transportation office.
SCHOOL PROJECTS: The district requests that parents/guardians transport their child to and from school when the child’s project is to be transported and the project is too large to fit into the child’s backpack/workbag or when the project contains liquids or moving objects. School buses do not have storage areas, and therefore we cannot guarantee that a project will not be damaged during the bus ride. Your cooperation is appreciated.
There will be times during the school year when one of our buses will break down or some other event may cause one of our buses to be unable to maintain its schedule. We ask your indulgence when these situations arise. If time permits, we will try to notify all students in advance. It is also important that all of the students be at their respective bus stops at least five (5) minutes before their scheduled pick-up time. This procedure will allow our drivers to maintain their scheduled pick-up time for each bus stop. In addition, if our buses are running late in the morning, and there has been no previous notification by radio or other means, please instruct your children to wait at least fifteen (15) minutes after their scheduled pick-up time before they return to their homes.
- All students must ride bus assigned to them by Transportation Department unless written notification from parent/guardian is received and approved by the Transportation Department at least 3 hours prior to the end of that school day.
- ONLY BOARD/ DEPART THE BUS AT THEIR ASSIGNED PICK-UP/DROP OFF LOCATION.
- Remain in their seats until destination has been reached and the bus is stopped.
- Sit in assigned seats, if the driver finds such procedure necessary.
- Face forward at all times while bus is in motion.
- Avoid all unnecessary conversation with the driver.
- Talk only in low conversational voice with seat partners; loud talking or calling to persons in other portions of the bus is forbidden.
- Use civil language at all times – obscene and vulgar talk is absolutely forbidden.
- Not smoke on the bus – violators will be fined.
- Keep the bus clean and free from litter at all times.
- Obey and respect the bus driver
- Not fight, push, shove, or hit others
- Not eat food or drink on school vehicles.
- Wear seat belts at all times, when vehicle is equipped with them.
- Be respectful to private property while waiting at the bus stop.
- Not vandalize the bus. Any person willfully damaging a bus will be held responsible for the vandalism and charged.
- Not transport animals.
- Not use electronic devices without driver permission- headphones or earbuds must be used
- Understand that video and audio are being recorded
- Keep all items in backpack while on bus
Infractions involving school bus regulations and the Code of Student Discipline and Responsibilities will lead to removal of bus transportation privileges upon the third infraction.
Notice to Parents/Guardians – School Bus Accident Insurance Program
The purpose of this notice is to inform you of insurance regulations and procedures in the event that your child or children are involved in a school bus accident. In the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania insurance regulations are established under no fault provisions. Therefore, in the event of an accident you will be required to contact your individual automobile insurance agent or carrier and submit a claim. This will include accidents in which the school bus and another vehicle are involved, or just the school bus itself is involved. There are no options to file a claim directly with the Catasauqua Area School District. Your insurance agent or carrier is required to file against the correct individuals on the basis of the claim that you submit. If you have questions concerning the no-fault provisions of the law as it pertains to school bus accidents, please contact your insurance carrier.
Student’s bus locations and pick up times are on the reverse side of this letter.
We thank you for your cooperation.
Bus Info Directions
You may view your student's bus information by logging into PowerSchool and look for "Bus information"