8th Grade Math Website
Ms. Keppel's 8th Grade Math/Algebra I homepage
PLEASE FOLLOW THESE GUIDELINES FOR ONLINE LEARNING BEGINNING ON 4/14/2020
The Catasauqua Area School District subscribes to numerous on-line and print resources that are available for all students in order to maintain learning and provide some level of continuity. While this will not replace school days, it can serve as extended learning opportunities for your child with review and reinforcement. The following resources are available to access during the school closure. Links for Parents from CASD
- COVID-19 Information (LINK)
- Link to the District Continuity of Education Plan
- Link to the CASD Tech Support Page and any other support docs for Google Classroom
- Link to the 2020 Parents' Guide to Google Classroom - PowerPoint
- Link to the Parents Guide to Google Classroom in 2020 - YouTube Video
- Ms.Keppel may be contacted at email@example.com
GENERAL OUTLINE FOR ONLINE LEARNING:
1) I will be posting all work in google classroom. I will be using youtube videos, Khan Academy and Discovery Ed, when applicable, to assist with instructions of concepts being taught. Lesson notes sheets, worksheets and quizzes will be uploaded to google classroom.
2) Zoom meetings for office hours will be held twice a week for each class to check in with any concerns, issues and quesitons. Office hours each week will be different to provide each class with flexiIbility in their schedule with their usage of device. These hours will be posted by 9:00 AM each Monday. (how to use Zoom: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7xXZxRDFUU)
3) Assignments for the week will be posted by 9:00 AM every Monday.
4) In order to maintain flexibility, attendance will be taken based on weekly completion of the assisgnements. If the due date is Friday and students complete all work by the following Monday, they will be marked present for the week.
1) In order to receive grades and credit, students must engage regularly and complete course requirements.
2) 4th quarter academic performance will be reported as pass/fail.
KHAN ACADEMY CODES:
1st/3rd Periods - YY74ZEV5
4th/5th Periods - X8EUENNQ
6th/7th Periods - R8R3E5B8
If you need to, please send an email to me if you have forgotten logins and passwords. You may also email me with any questions you have. If you have issues logging in to Exact Path or Google Classroom please try using a different browser such as Chrome.
The website to access your online techbook is www.discoveryeducation.com. Please click on icon below to access this website.